Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Things to do with kids in Seoul

1) Visit the palaces
Seoul is home to a few palaces. It would be nice to get your child to experience the palace environment and the ceremonies that are being held there.

One of the palaces that I took my 3 girls to was the Gyeongbukgong Palace. The palace was beautiful. It has a large compound for your children to roam around. We also get to witness the guard-changing ceremony.


2) Visit the Hanok villages
Visiting the hanok villages is another experience that you should let your child experience. My children loved it as the building structures are something that they have not seen before. They also get to enter some of the houses that has been converted to house art pieces.


3) Ski Resort
Almost all children would love this. I mean, who does not love snow. The only downside is that you can only do so during the winter season. My children are 2, 4 and 7 years of age and I took them to the ski resort. I think my 2-year-old was the youngest one to ever don the ski outfit that we rented from the ski shop as the owner took a photo of her (actually of the whole family). Plus, the outfits were brand new! 

Since my girls are still very small, especially Ulfa and Nuha, we decided to go snow sledding instead of skiing. I mean, honestly, how are we going to ski with a 2-year-old. The resort that we went to was the Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort. It has both a sledding area and a ski area.





4) Lotte World
Lotte World is an indoor theme park. It will be comfortable to go here even during winter.

Picture taken from english.visitkorea.or.kr

5) Everland
Everland is a theme park that is mostly featured in movies. Some of the rides may be closed during winter. However, there will be an area for snow sledding that is opened during winter.

Picture taken from http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/
6) Nami Island
Nami Island became popular thanks to the movie Winter Sonata. It is a beautiful island. Even my children loved it there. They especially loved the ever-friendly resident squirrels.




No comments: