Monday, February 8, 2010

Who to take care of baby after birth?

I'm having a dilemma here. I have no idea who is going to look after the baby after my maternity leave is over. With Princess, I had the help of my aunt who took care of her till she was 2 years old. With the next one, dear aunt will not be able to look after as she is currently taking care of her own grandchild who is about 2mths old. On top of that, she's also looking after her grandson who is 4 years old.

My mum cannot take care of the baby either as she is occupied in the morning and will only be available in the afternoon. However, my work requires me to report in the morning. Mum suggested getting a maid to look after the baby in the morning. I'm quite reluctant of having the baby be taken care of by the maid unsupervised. The recent reports I hear from the news about maids abusing their employer's children adds to my fear of having the maid look after my child.

The other option is getting my mother-in-law (MIL) to look after the baby. She is free in the morning. However, in the afternoon, she has to look after brother-in-law's 3-year-old and 2 primary school going children. It might be taxing on her to look after so many grandchildren.

The other option I've thought of is infant care though the thought of it makes me feel guilty.

The last option would be for me to work from home. I'm not very entreprenurial. So I really do not know what to do.

I hope I'll find a solution to this predicament. I'm just hoping that everything will fall into place and that I do not have to spend the rest of my pregnancy and maternity leave worrying about this issue.

No comments: