Sunday, February 28, 2010

On Teaching Princess

Great news for me! MIL has agreed to take care of the baby when I return to work. I'm in my 36th week right now. However, I am thinking of going on No Pay Leave after my maternity leave. At least till the end of this year. I would like to spend more time with my girls and watch them grow. We'll see how it goes.

I can feel the baby moving further downwards in the womb. I get too tired to walk at times and I'm always tired. I think I can sleep the whole day. But not fitfully, of course. It's very uncomfortable sleeping with the baby pressing against you.

I'm currently teaching Princess to read. She's currently 2years 2mths.I let her watch Leapfrog's Letter Factory DVD. She loves it and is always the one requesting to have it switched on. I also read to her the LadyBird Series. Actually, I've been reading to her for quite some time. It's just that this time round, I get her to read to me. So I take one page at a time. I also used the ToddleWrite cards that I bought for her and get her to match the uppercase letters with lowercase letters. We play it in game form and she actually likes it. I do all these activities during separate timings and each activity only takes about 5minutes; except for the Letter Factory DVD which takes about 35mins.

Princess knows how to use my Iphone really well. I didn't teach her how to do it. She just figured it out on her own. So I downloaded a few softwares for her. Such knowing shapes, ABC Tracer and Counting Games. She loves these 3 and will always play them on her own. She's actually very good with shapes. And now she's gotten really good at counting. Previously she knows how to count but does not associate it with the quantity. Now she does, thanks to the game.

Princess has always been very good at memorising things. She loves songs and learns the lyrics fast. The other day, I was so surprised to hear her recite a prayer in full -she learnt it in school.

All in all, I'm pleased with Princess's development. I do not want to force her so I teach her when she wants to. Lucky for me, Princess is always the one requesting me to read her a book or play card games with her.

No comments: