Monday, January 23, 2012

Cake Decoration on a Cold Rainy Saturday

I went for my check-up at KKH and was told by my gynae that my placenta was no longer covering my cervix completely. It has moved slightly and now only partially covering my cervix. I did my OGTT too since my mum was diagnosed with diabetes last year. So currently I'm awaiting results.

Anyway, after my check-up on Saturday, we headed to Royal Cakes to collect the cake that we ordered. Auni has been wanting to learn baking and cooking. I know there are classes out there but I've yet to check them out. Furthermore, for Royal Cakes cake deco, they allow the customers to take the cake home to do the decoration so I thought it would be a very good family bonding session and even Ulfa could try it out.

The cake cost $18.80 together with the cream and the sprinkles that come with it. It's 0.5kg. You need to order about 3 days in advance.


It was a nice day to be doing this with the girls as it was a rainy Saturday afternoon. The things that came with the cake:


So the girls got to working. It was messy. Nevertheless, it was still fun, even for the parents. The end product was:


They added chocolate rice that was already in my fridge to the cake.
Thereafter, we ate the cake.


It was nice. A tad sweet with all the toppings. I would recommend parents to do this with their kids. Even boys will enjoy doing this coz my friend did this activity with her son and he enjoyed it thoroughly.

After this activity, you can follow up by getting your child to recall what he or she did and writing in down. That way, it can also be used as a teaching activity.

I got Auni to keep a journal where she records things she's done. So after the activity, She would just write 2 sentences about what she did that day (this is NOT a daily exercise though). She would also draw a picture. Maybe one of these days I'll share about her journal writing. Till then...

No comments: