Saturday, March 6, 2010

37th week

Yay! 37th week today!

Was diagnosed with having GBS based on HVS during last visit to gynae. Was prescribed antibiotics and have completed the whole course.

Gynae attached a note to my appointment booklet. Was informed by her that I need to carry it around with me just in case I go into labour. Once in labour, that note will inform the medical team that I needed to be prescribed antibiotics via drip to reduce the chances of the baby contracting it. I really hope that everything will turn out fine. Gynae told me to quickly go to the delivery suite when I'm in labour.

With Princess, I was in labour for 1 to 2 hours before I gave birth so chances are high that baby no. 2 will be quite fast too.

Gynae did the cervix dilation test and told me that my cervix was already 1.5cm dilated. Yippee!! Nearing labour. She asked whether I wanted to be admitted but I chose to wait coz the pain is manageable and I really want to experience all the works. With Princess, I was induced as amniotic fluid was running low.

I'm not too sure whether I should start my maternity leave early since I'm already dilated. However, I do have the fear of my waterbag bursting when I'm at work. I'll be speaking to my superiors on Monday to seek their advice.


Alrightey then. Counting the days!!!

No comments: