Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baking Molten Lava Cake

We were sitting at home on Saturday wondering what to do. We did not go out as I was not feeling too well. As the girls were having their afternoon nap, hubby and I were searching through YouTube. We were hungry and thinking about food and what to cook. Hubby got the idea to search for Molten Lava Cake. So we watched a video on how to make it and was surprised at how easy it was to make it. So when the girls woke up, we went to Giant Hypermarket to get the ingredients.

When we told our eldest daughter what we were going to make, she got pretty excited. She is very interested in cooking, baking and everything else. So I gave her a shopping list and she helped pick out the ingredients we needed. Once home, I enlisted eldest daughter's help to put the chocolate and butter into a bowl. Then I melted the butter and chocolate over the stove. This I had to do myself as dear daughters are too young to be handling fire.

After the chocolate had melted, I left it to cool for awhile.

I got the other ingredients ready so that my daughter would only need to put them in the bowl and stir.



Auni adding the egg.


Next the sugar.

Ulfa saw what we were doing and wanted to join in the fun. So she helped put in the flour while Auni stirred.


Ulfa then got her turn to stir. After that, we put the batter into aluminium cups (coz we couldn't get any ramekins) and baked them.



They came out just right and we topped it with vanilla ice cream and voila.


The girls enjoyed it and another Saturday well spent!

Here's the video where we got the recipe from.


Happy baking!

No comments: