Sunday, February 5, 2012

On Being Down With Stomach Flu

My dear Ulfa is down with stomach flu. She woke up at 3am in the morning on Saturday and suddenly vomitted all over the bed. Thereafter, the vomitting continued. Took her to see the paediatrician at 9am in the morning. Pd prescribed Hydralyte, anti-vomitting med and smecta. By late afternoon, the vomitting stopped but the diarrhoea started.

I hate it when children fall sick. You feel so helpless coz there is nothing much you can do to take away the pain. Today she seems better though I can see that her appetite has not returned fully. She seems a lot smaller than usual due to the weight loss from vomitting and diarrhoea.

My dear sweetheart, Mummy really hopes that you'll recover soon. I hope that the bug will not spread to your elder sister. Indeed, this period of time is a trying period for us all. I just want to see you recover and be healthy again.

No comments: