Saturday, April 10, 2010

On Bronchitis & Breastfeeding

I brought Princess to see a pediatrician on Tuesday as any mother would be worried if told that their child has moderate bronchitis and might need to be sent to KKH.

The PD took one look and said that Princess looks active for someone with moderate bronchitis. She then asked me whether Princess was given inhaler/nebuliser when we took her to the GP. We replied she wasn't. Then the PD asked whether she was wheezing when she was at the GP. Again, we replied she wasn't. PD then proceeded to examine Princess. PD then said Princess does not have moderate bronchitis. If any, it appears that she might be having early signs of bronchitis and we shouldn't be too worried. PD also changed the cough mixture since she said Princess had lots of phlegm. This PD that we went to was the one that we always took Princess to before she turned 2.

I was very disappointed with the GP. Actually, when we took Princess to the GP, the tone that I got from the GP was one that was very cold. Like as if he doesn't care much for kids. I bet he does not have any children. He is a total opposite of his colleague (the one we always see). His colleague, Dr Chong, is very fatherly, handles kids well and explains things clearly to us. I know that Dr Chong has a daughter as he once shared with us that he understood how we felt as parents as he is a parent himself. Unfortunately, Dr Chong is not a full-time GP at the clinic and it so happened that the day when we took Princess there, Dr Chong was not around.

Hubby said that he will never again patronize the clinic again. Actually he said this right after Princess had her check-up with the GP as hubby felt that the doctor on duty was very unprofessional.

I'm kind of glad that what Princess has is not as serious as what the GP said but we are still monitoring her and giving her medication as required. So far her fever has broken.

Now on the topic of breastfeeding. Haiz... As I've said, I'm very pro-breastfeeding now since I breastfeed my Baby exclusively. I have nothing against those who give formula to their child coz for Princess, I did that too.

No comments: