Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Not in labour yet...

I went to visit sis-in-law yesterday. She was admitted to the hospital on Saturday as she was experiencing contractions. She's in her 34th week of pregnancy. Yesterday was the last day that the hospital was going to administer her medicine to reduce the contractions as according to the Senior Consultant there, since she has already been given a jab to mature the baby's lungs and her baby is already 2.6kg, there's no point in asking her to hold on to the pregnancy. Therefore, she is just to let nature takes its course. Hopefully everything will go on fine and well for her. Let's pray for the best.

Yesterday, I felt more cramps than before. But the frequencies are far apart and the pain will subside. I actually like feeling the cramps knowing that giving birth would be so near. My feet is so swollen that no shoes will be able to fit me. I currently wear sandals and I can feel the leather cutting through my skin as the day goes. Hubby asked me to get maternity shoes. However I feel that it is a waste of money since I am going to give birth soon and then the swell will come down. I don't know. I have not decided on it yet.

As the big day draws near, I can't help but think of confinement. With Princess I did confinement at my mum's place. I had someone to cook for me and do my laundry. Now that I am on my own, I'm kind of excited to do all on my own. At the same time, I'm afraid that everything will be too overwhelming for me. Actually I was also contemplating on forgoing confinement altogether...hehe...but mum told me that the one who will suffer in old age would be me. Seriously?? Is it true if you do not do confinement then your body will feel the effect when you are old? I believe many westerners do not have confinement. Maybe I won't forgo confinement altogether but cheat on it a little.

Princess is still coughing. Yesterday she coughed till she vomitted the phlegm out. I really hope she'll recover from this episode soon. If she still doesn't recover by tomorrow then I'll probably take her to the GP again. I used to take Princess to a paedatrician. But when she turned 2, I took her to a GP instead. I realise that the medicine they administer are the same. Of course, with a PD, they are better trained at handling kids. However, this clinic that I take Princess to has 3 docs. There's this one GP there who is especially good at handling kids. He takes time to explain and his explanations are always very detailed and clear. Princess always refers to him as "her doc".

No comments: