Monday, March 29, 2010

On feeling Like A Cow

No, actually I don't feel like a cow...I just thought that the title is catchy, that's all ;)

I've been on full breastfeeding since Day 1 of giving birth. I'm starting to feel tiredness due to lack of sleep. At times, Baby takes a long time feeding. I find myself dozing off at times while she's still at her feed. I'm not too sure if I'm doing it right. See, she will latch for a feed. Then she will feed on one breast for 15 to 30 mins, fall asleep and then she doesn't want to feed anymore. When I touch her lips or around her mouth, she'll purse her lips. So thinking that she is already satiated, I'll put her down. 5 minutes later, she'll start screaming for milk again. She'll then latch on the other breast for 15 to 30 mins, fall asleep and does not want to feed again. But 5 mins after I put her down, she screams for milk again. I'm not too sure if I'm doing this breastfeeding right. I know I have enough milk in me as each time after her feed, there is still smilk left over. At times, I will pump the milk out. I also realise that I am never able to pump all the milk out.

When I'm in doubt, I will check with the other mommies in the mummysg forum. So I guess I need the help of other mommies in this.

On another note, I brought Baby to the polyclinic for her neonatal jaundice check up . Her jaundice level has gone down to 190. Since it is coming down, the doctor - a very nice lady - suggested that she only need to come for check up a week later. Doc said that as long as baby is feeding alright (she's feeding every hour at times), pooing and peeing alright, then the jaundice level will come down. I am so glad that Baby does not have to keep on going for check up every day like last week. The poor girl had to have her heel pricked every single time. Pains my heart to see her like that.

No comments: