Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sis-in-law in Labour and Preparing Princess for the Baby

I'm so excited for my sis-in-law. Bro called to inform that sis-in-law's waterbag has burst. She's already at the delivery suite. She's in her 34th week but her gynae has already said that they will let nature take its course. Furthermore, they told her that long term use of medication to stop contractions can have a possible side effect on her.

I'm so excited for sis-in-law and bro! This will be their first child, another nephew to our family. YAY! I hope that the delivery will be a smooth one and that the little one will come out safe and sound. Ooohh...I love babies.

Can't wait for my turn. (talking to my tummy) "Hey little one, time to come out..."

Sent Princess to school today since she has recovered. Actually I didn't feel like sending her coz I enjoy having her at home with me. However, when the baby comes, I don't want her to feel that she is being sent because there is a baby. Therefore we have to make it a norm for her to attend school so that when the baby arrives, there wouldn't be any rejection on Princess's part. Hubby and I actually bought a present for Princess which we've been keeping in the car. We plan to give it to her when the baby comes and say that it's from the baby.

I still carry Princess, the whole 13kg of her. However, I did tell her that once her younger sis is out, I will not be able to carry her for a while. I told her that Daddy will carry her but Mummy still loves her. Princess is so sweet. She understands and I think that that is the reason why she wants me to carry her most of the times now instead of hubby carrying her. I really want to make Princess feel loved even when the baby is here. I've heard a lot of sibling rivalry stories and I really do not want Princess to feel that way.

No comments: